How to Make a Pancreas in 10 Easy Steps:
1. Locate 18m of blue seafoam polyester 6 months before you know you will be making a pancreas.
2.Make a sketch that roughly resembles a human pancreas. Take great artist liscence. Ignore all aspects to scale ratio, colour, etc...
3. Select colours and fabric. Make a pattern. Make it BIG. Try out some foam.
4. Cut the fabric. Add interfacing.
5. Get more foam and give it some shape. Truss it up.
6. Make an infinite number of blue dots (and a couple of red dots) with the sewing machine. Hand sew piles of blue dots together into small panels. Sew. Hand sew panels onto pancreas form. Sew. Hire a friend to help sew *(Jenny McMaster!). Drink tea. Sew. Go for a walk. Sew. Meditate. Sew. Drink more tea. Sew. Sew. Sew. For 3 months.
7. Document Obsessively. Post pics to various places on the interweb and social media.
8. Try the pancreas out in different poses. See what it can do.
9. Add some grommets and tarp strips. Sew everything to the surface. Make it strong.
10. On the home stretch...
3 million people in Canada have diabetes. Diabetes occurs when the pancreas does not produce enough insulin or does not respond to the insulin it produces. Insulin regulates the body’s blood sugar levels.